To God Be the Glory
Hello Reader!
I won't keep you long this week, but I did want to give an update since in my last writing I was experiencing some foot pain. It did continue and concern me enough that I called the Orthopedic office Monday morning to see if I could make an appointment. One was scheduled for Wednesday of this past week.
An x-ray was done and no visible signs of a stress fracture were seen, as expected. Stress fractures are hard to see in x-rays, especially with a new injury. After discussing where the pain was located, it was determined that perhaps I have the beginnings of arthritis or something could be irritated and inflamed. He recommended a steroid anti-inflammatory and to reduce my mileage, after I made the request to be able to keep running. If things didn't improve in two weeks, he would order an MRI.
I am unbelievably happy to report that this plan seems to be working. In my obedience, I ran two miles on Friday morning, worked Friday evening and ran only one and a half miles on Saturday morning. I haven't noticed any pain since Thursday afternoon, after starting the anti-inflammatories that morning. I don't even know if it's possible for them to work that quickly but, as of today, I choose to give God the glory and thank Him for my healing.
"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21 (NKJV)
Let the relay training continue as I continue to allow God to lead the way.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDelete